Monday, October 8, 2012

Animal print is so giving me life right now! V1258

Animal print is so giving me life right now!


 Finally, finally have a review to post! Can I say that "animal print", mainly leopard print is so giving me life right now, I'm just saying.... I've had this leopard rayon- knit print fabric for about two years now, that I purchased from fabric mart fabrics from their "trendy collection". I was just waiting on just the right pattern and that's where V1258 came into play.. Now, Vogue describes this pattern as "Average", not being necessarily hard; however, one that will require a little more time. I definitely would have to agree with that! I almost am ashamed to say that this little dress took more than TWO weeks to complete, but to my defense I had to get this fit right, but more on that in a second...

Kept the accessories really simple, the print of the dress was enough ummph, right?
The shoes are Jessica Simpson

 This dress, I'm sure if I were to make it again, which I do not plan to would probably not take as long the second time around. I don't know if anyone else mentioned this problem, but the bagginess in the front had me looking like I was carrying around  baby Kangaroo's in my pouch! Umm.. that is not the business, sorry lol! I would really advise before attaching the skirt bottom to the bodice to simply baste it in to see if you like the flow/ hang of those pleats first. I had to unpick my serged stitches and handle this matter immediately! I'm really glad that I was able to solve that bagginess, because I really love the dress. I just don't think I will be making another! Oh yeah, all I did to remove the bagginess from the skirt front was to merely (All sewist who don't love unconvential alterations, please stop reading for one second) pull up the front skirt to the bodice, and where the bagginess stopped, I pinned and stitched that sucka' up HA! It works for me, yep!

These shoes are giving it to me!


 As far as pattern alterations, I used a 16 but ended up chopping several inches off the side and this dress is still plenty comfy! I added 2 inches to the front and 2 1/2 inches to the back, because the other reviewers for this pattern stated that the back was shorter, so I was thankful for this tip. I also raised my neckline about an 1" and that's about it there.... I'm glad to have made this pattern because it really is comfortable, and I'm sure will get a lot of wear for the fall season! So, if you haven't tried this one out yet, I think you would like this one. Alright Divas, that's all I have! I hope you are having, or have had a wonderful, blessed weekend! Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

35 comments:

  1. This fits you wonderfully! And if the alterations work for you and get you a great dress, I say go for it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute, it looks great on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toy! Girl, I'm thinking about that M6112 dress you just made, you truly rocked that!

      Delete
  3. You are fierce in your Vena Cava animal print dress. It's so you! Frankly the method you used to get rid of the bagginess in the front is exactly the same technique I use to decrease bagginess in my pants front. I received advice on the technique from someone I consider a sewing expert - and it works so well for me. We have to know how to MAKE IT WORK don't we!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye! And yes, we sure know how to make it work lol!

      Delete
  4. I agree with Faye....FIERCE! Very...very nice work on this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fit! I also experienced the baby kangaroo phenomenon when I made this dress and I tooks in some fabric from the ties but I see your way worked too =) It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Animals prints really do suit you, and that pattern is very flattering on your figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karin thanks! I really am having a love affair with animal prints right now!

      Delete
  7. Hot dress! You look awesome in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison! I loved yours as well!

      Delete
  8. Your dress is giving me life! I need one of these in my life. Love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! You should so make this one, I know you will kill it!

      Delete
  9. Love, love,love this dress! I have had this pattern for a while and didn't make it because of the reviews. You look absolutely great in yours, so I may give the pattern a try now! Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra! I can't wait to see your version, I know it will be hot!

      Delete
  10. Love the dress! Glad to see you sewing again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Picking out those server stitches were so worth it. Your description of fixing all that business made me laugh.

    And, HOT dress. You picked the right shoes to go with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your review. It looks great on you, and I think you did a great job - it looks like it fits like a glove now (is that the right expression?). No baby kangaroo to be seen anywhere ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Candice you're very talented and very stylish. You are rockin this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...