Friday, October 19, 2012

M6611 Ready for fall and just in time for this cool weather!

Red pumps always make a girl feel a little sassy, right?


 I had about 5 1/2 yards of this wonderful houndstooth rayon-suiting, that I purchased from fabric mart fabrics last year for about $3.00 dollars and some change, so I scored big time! I had originally purchased this fabric in hopes of doing some tailored type coat, but then M6611 came along and that plan changed.. While, I like the pattern, I do however think the pattern could have been drafted better in the sleeves.. The instructions were very easy to understand, minus McCall's little hiccup, which I mentioned on this post.


This is how I wore it today to lunch with my honey and the boys! Steve Madden shoes



First of all, the sleeve ease in this pattern was astronomical, like seriously..If my memory serves me correctly there was at least 6 to 7 inches of ease, now tell me that's not ridiculous, right? I am so thankful for the people who reviewed these pattern and forewarned about that, because I would have been up the creek.. I ended up removing the unwanted sleeve ease. I also added 2" to the body of the jacket, and you see where it hits me, so plan accordingly if you want a longer jacket.


Alteration for removing some of the sleeve cap ease,
that pleat down the side you say, yeah I'll get that lol..
Okay, so I've been getting all extra lately. I've recently signed up for the Sandra Betzina class on Craftsy, as well as  the tailored shirt,which I will review soon..I have totally put in my head that I'm going to rip into my pattern like Sandra does and make all these cool, oftentimes unheard of alterations lol...Okay, now side-eye right here is totally understandable, and quite well deserved lol..
Inside of the jacket.. My little man peeking in the back
can you spot him hehehe...
 

I thought the sleeve pattern not only had to much sleeve cap ease, but I also thought that the sleeve was going to be wide..Totally forgetting that this pattern is self-lined, yeah, so I had to think quick, because there was no way I could line this sleeve in this suiting fabric.. So I decided to line the sleeves in Rayon-bemberg, which I'm so glad that I did, because it makes for easy wear in that area... So the moral of this story is that pleat down the side that I altered on the pattern,was so unnecessary.. Thankfully it all worked itself, whew!

It's a little wrinkled had been wearing it all day at this point.

The jacket is very comfortable to wear and also trendy right now. I have been seeing this type of jacket, which is called a "cascading jacket" everywhere. I'm glad to have one in the wardrobe. I don't think that I will be sewing this one again, nope, but I would recommend, just maybe not to a beginner. Next up, will probably be a skirt for Faye's carnival of skirts sew-along.. Ladies, I hope you have a wonderful weekend! As always, Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!Perfect outfit with the skinny jeans and red heels! Look out boys :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neeno, girl, you are awesome thanks!

      Delete
  2. Such a nice jacket. Houndstooth print is oh so classic. I picked up some just yesterday, also green, at Joann's fifty percent off of clearance. I'm inspired by your fabulous jacket! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks GodsgirlT! Don't you just love those fifty percent off clearance sales!

      Delete
  3. I love this. I want to make this but have been hesitating because I need to make a muslin which I detest but I have the best fabric for it and will not mess it up. Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kelly! I would recommend a muslin to anyone that wants to do this one...I can't wait to see yours, I know it will be great..

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE! i was tbinking of lengthening the peplum when I make mine....Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...