Saturday, October 20, 2012

M6612 ,Oh how I need a closet full of thee....

I like to leave my other projects on my dress form a little longer for inspiration lol..Does anyone else do that?


 
 M6612, Oh how I love thee! This dress beyond being only three pattern pieces, yes three! Front, back, and the neck piece, easy stuff, I tell you... I literally got up and started on this dress this morning at  about 8am and by 11am I had a new dress..This does include me doing my mommy duties, and chatting it up with my momma, lol...



 
 
 I hadn't really paid any attention to this pattern until I saw Toy's version, and was like okay, this has just gotten serious, lol...I knew I had to have one to, and to make the deal sweeter, everything was in my stash. The knit fabric, I had purchased over four years ago when I was just learning how to sew. I am so glad that I still had this in my stash. Did I say that this pattern only had three pattern pieces? I did, huh? LOL..I'm sorry, but that right there excited me, yes it did...

I was ready for sweetest day today, it is a real day..My husband had to check my sources too LOL..
 I didn't have to make any alterations, well, I don't know if this is really an alteration. I only had to take it in on the sides, and cut off some length..This dress is long! And I'm no shortie, I have on 4 1/2 inch heels here and this dress was still long.. Nothing major, this is something that can be handled as you go.. I also added bias binding to the armholes, for a more professional finish, now if only I can get the professional part right, sigh..  I love this dress! It's fast, it fits nicely, it's trendy and FAST!
I highly recommend this one if you haven't already tried it... Alright ladies, I hope you are having a wonderful, blessed weekend..Be blessed and nothin' less and continue to stay fearlessly fierce!

41 comments:

  1. That's a HOT dress Lady! Usually I have issues with cowls but your fabric choice and color and the drape of this cowl is just perfect. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got yourself a Saturday morning winner there Candice and I love it. Yes, I'm another one who leaves the last finished garment on the dressform to marinate for a while (especially if I like it a lot).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faye, I knew someone else had to let their finished garments marinate for a while on their dress form, lol...

      Delete
  3. OOOOOOOh!- Sweater Knit! Hmmmmmmm!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning on you. I wish I had the height to carry this off. So sold on the 3 piece pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ooobop.com...That burda jacket you just finished was to die for, great stuff.

      Delete
  5. Pretty dress and it looks great on you. Also liking your 6611.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's cute! I need closet full of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great basic dress! This dress works for so many different occasions depending on you style it. The fact that it fits you so well and is a quick sew is even better! I could imagine one in stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Victoria said...THAT'S HOT! Comfy and chic at the same time and LOVE that shade of grey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute, love it with the jacket and yes, I leave my last project on my dress form. Not sure if it's for motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely leave things on my form to further inspire me. Doesn't everyone? Love your long dress. I had one of similar shape and color and wore it into the ground. This will give you lots of bang for your buck effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bunny! This dress is so comfortable, I know it will be in heavy rotation.

      Delete
  11. Me too. I would love to have a closet full. The dress is very flattering on you. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie! Trying to source some other fabric now for a few more lol..

      Delete
  12. I kept taking this out my file cabinet and filing it back but now I will add it to my to do can :) I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - this looks so much better on you than it does on the pattern envelope. I think that I am going to give this one a go! Thanks for great pattern review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh great! NOW I have to make one if these! The dress looks amazing on you....the gray knit is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always leave my last project on my dressform for inspiration or just because I want to show it off..LOL! But it works. Love your dress and the cowl is perfect just like a number of people have stated.

    ReplyDelete
  16. you did good with that, and look great too, I am happy you tried it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok all I can say is GO GIRL! Candice you look awesome! I love the whole look. This dress is a perfect fit on you. Your hair and make-up are gorgeous too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute! I just made my second one! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look great! I need to cut this pattern- it's on my to do list. I nominated you for a blog award. Check it out:

    http://byrdiecouture.blogspot.com/2012/12/do-you-want-good-news-or.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw you in this pattern and though " She looks FANTASTIC!!" So I've downloaded and printed the pattern and hope I look at least half as good. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, I love this dress. I made one too

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...